NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2020 Ford Ranger
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished one of my favorite bridges local to me on Friday night, 13Jan2023. Arrived at 1910 hours, wind was variable (5-10 knots) out of the north/northwest. Air temp was 53 degrees F, water temp...anyone's guess but let's assume low fifties or high forties. Clear night with a new moon rising. Started casting soft tails (4" Zoom Smoking Shad) and worked the usual holes for about an hour . Was beginning to think the fronts that had just worked through ENC had pushed them off the bite but just as I'm thinking last cast, wham bam, thank you ma'am...a nice 22" striper slammed it. Landed that fish, released it to fight again and went back to it. Twenty-five minutes later, here came his twin sibling...you just gotta love the fight these little guys put up on a light action trout rod...way to fiesty to pass on that fun. So about that time a party arrived...Dad, Mom, five or six small children, three adult males throwing cast nets indiscriminately...no reason to keep fishing after their arrival so I bagged it. A short night but as usual, my schoolie stripers didn't let me down. I know they're always there when I need a fix.

Now...for the disturbing finish to the story. After a solemn and sobering discussion I have agreed to check myself into rehab. The rehab team is located in Arizona in the Mojave desert (for good reason). I'll be there for 6-10 weeks depending on my progress so this will be my last post until I've demonstrated that I have gotten this monkey off my back and can once again become a productive member of society. Yes, it's true....I am an addict and I now know I have to deal with it.

My wife made it clear that my fishing addiction has gotten out of hand and must be dealt with! The only good news out of this whole situation is....I'll be home just in time for the spring Mahi run.....roflmao!!

Tight lines all!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Fished one of my favorite bridges local to me on Friday night, 13Jan2023. Arrived at 1910 hours, wind was variable (5-10 knots) out of the north/northwest. Air temp was 53 degrees F, water temp...anyone's guess but let's assume low fifties or high forties. Clear night with a new moon rising. Started casting soft tails (4" Zoom Smoking Shad) and worked the usual holes for about an hour . Was beginning to think the fronts that had just worked through ENC had pushed them off the bite but just as I'm thinking last cast, wham bam, thank you ma'am...a nice 22" striper slammed it. Landed that fish, released it to fight again and went back to it. Twenty-five minutes later, here came his twin sibling...you just gotta love the fight these little guys put up on a light action trout rod...way to fiesty to pass on that fun. So about that time a party arrived...Dad, Mom, five or six small children, three adult males throwing cast nets indiscriminately...no reason to keep fishing after their arrival so I bagged it. A short night but as usual, my schoolie stripers didn't let me down. I know they're always there when I need a fix.

Now...for the disturbing finish to the story. After a solemn and sobering discussion I have agreed to check myself into rehab. The rehab team is located in Arizona in the Mojave desert (for good reason). I'll be there for 6-10 weeks depending on my progress so this will be my last post until I've demonstrated that I have gotten this monkey off my back and can once again become a productive member of society. Yes, it's true....I am an addict and I now know I have to deal with it.

My wife made it clear that my fishing addiction has gotten out of hand and must be dealt with! The only good news out of this whole situation is....I'll be home just in time for the spring Mahi run.....roflmao!!

Tight lines all!!
You had me going there for a minute.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
Not me or anyone I know. I just pulled the photo off the internet. However, I have fished Lee's Ferry a couple of times and it's a pretty amazing place. Tailwater on the Colorado below Glen Canyon dam / Lake Powell. Lots of fish and some big ones.

I recall from an episode of Breaking Bad Jesse Pinkman telling the counselor that the only reason he attended rehab was to find new customers.

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Not me or anyone I know. I just pulled the photo off the internet. However, I have fished Lee's Ferry a couple of times and it's a pretty amazing place. Tailwater on the Colorado below Glen Canyon dam / Lake Powell. Lots of fish and some big ones.

I recall from an episode of Breaking Bad Jesse Pinkman telling the counselor that the only reason he attended rehab was to find new customers.
With the drought, I wonder how it impacts fishing there now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts