NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been a while but time to check in.

I'm heading to Hatteras around Memorial Day and will be staying on the west side of Brigands Bay subdivision on the sound front. I know it's shallow there but I may be bringing my smaller boat. Where are some good fishing spots in the area? Are the channels or channel junctions the best place for trout and such?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Parallaxbill, im not sure were to go fishing, but stop in to frank and frans, they could tell you were to go. there are a couple of good tackle shops around there that could give you some very good information. Good Luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greg, I always include many visits to Frank & Frans since we usually stay in Avon and mostly surf fished over the years. He's the guy to go to normally but I hope someone who boats and fishes the sounds can add some more good info.
I can't wait to get down there. It's been two years.:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have stayed there before. You are not that far from the inlet took my jon boat down there a couple of years ago and kept it behind the cottage while there. Should be good action for just about anything that swims that time of year around the inlet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.