NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,607 Posts
Bad form NCA. the meme thread was the main reason I got out of bed in the AM.
I don't get it?
It was fun for me and many others.
I don't care about the others but it was fun for me and therefore (feet stomping), I want my meme..........
Please?
Stomping your feet and having a temper tantrum will probably not get your AM meme back. But if it does let me know and I will throw a few to get what I want. :D

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I believe that some of us - myself included - may have been finding too much sport in in pushing the limits. I can imagine that the meme thread was taking more time to moderate than all the rest of the forum combined. It was fun, all in fun, but I don't think we should have behaved so badly in Mr. Randy's neighborhood.
For my part ............

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I am sure DR will be shocked that I don't completely agree... :)

This is an online fishing community, not just a fishing site. There is info all over the net with good information about the fish of NC and where and how to catch them. What makes it a community is that we don't just stick to fishing. I am going fish with a few guys this afternoon, a couple of which I met here. Fishing will probably dominate conversations, but we are likely to talk about how things are going at work, maybe even dip into politics a little. Jokes will be told. Family and spirituality are less likely but not totally taboo in respectful conversations. I wish the site could be more like that.

But if the captain has illuminated the "No Joking" light I will go back to my seat and return it to the upright position...

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
But if the captain has illuminated the "No Joking" light I will go back to my seat and return it to the upright position...
"With all due respect" Andy, I don't think the "No Joking" light has been turned on, more likely the "quit pushing buttons" light, or the "take a hint" light, or as someone else put it, the "don't poke the bear" light.
I'm going to miss the thread as much as anyone, but there's no reason to play up the removal to be more than it is(other than to start an argument).
As far as off topic, or on topic or whatever - Not all posts here are on topic, a lot of the responses are way off the original poster's target, intentionally. Many of those are made specifically to "
sow discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion" - Most of us realize that and simply ignore 'em, some of us even feel a bit of pity for the folks who feel the need to do it - but hey, everyone gets their entertainment one way or the other.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I am sure DR will be shocked that I don't completely agree... :)

This is an online fishing community, not just a fishing site. There is info all over the net with good information about the fish of NC and where and how to catch them. What makes it a community is that we don't just stick to fishing. I am going fish with a few guys this afternoon, a couple of which I met here. Fishing will probably dominate conversations, but we are likely to talk about how things are going at work, maybe even dip into politics a little. Jokes will be told. Family and spirituality are less likely but not totally taboo in respectful conversations. I wish the site could be more like that.

Just speaking from what I've seen here. Off topics by and large seem to go away. Surprised it went as long as it did. It's not a matter whether I liked the topic or not. Has nothing to do with keeping score on how much you and I disagree or agree. I just don't look at it that way.

Yes, I would like a more "open environment" with personal attacks being the line in the sand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.