NC Angler Forums banner

Brock's Mill Pond Trenton, NC

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Woffski 
#1 ·
Anyone ever fish Brock's Mill Pond in Trenton, NC? Looks very good and fishy. I've fished it from the shore probably 10 times this year and not even a bite!!! I'm an experienced Bass fisherman, fishing over 40 years! I've thrown everything at them, again not even gotten a bite! Can someone help me out?

#2 ·
Don't know that pond but a couple suggestions.

Do you see anyone else fishing there? If you haven't seen anybody else or very few that should tell you that despite looking fishy there isn't much in it.
If you do see someone fishing are they catching. If so, start a conversation and see if they can share some tips with you.
This time of year the bass should be spawning. Walk the shore and look, you should see some fish spawning. If you don't see anything, that isn't a good sign.

#3 ·
I pass it every day coming to and from work. I have caught a few bass there on spinners and mostly topwater flies bank fishing. I have paddled my canoe pretty far back but didn't really fish, bunch of water fowl and I think some person with property adjoining the pond has peacocks because i saw a bunch. below the dam is pretty shallow but I catch brim every cast and have had a few encounters with nice bowfin and jack.

There is also a boat launch on the Trent river in town. Havnt had time to explore this yet but it be worth a quick stop if you get skunked at the pond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.