NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to break the old boat out today. Fresh tank of gas/oil w/Seafoam of course!. Gave her a good sweeping out ( really need a "real" boat cover!) Brought the batteries out of storage with a full charge and loaded up the gear! Gonna hit the Pamlico/Tar tomorrow and see what's biting. Probably head upriver and try for some Crappie/Yellow Perch. I'll set one big one out and see if a stray Cat or Striper wants to play! Just gonna be too darn nice to not fish and I haven't been on the water since 1st week of December!!! Wish me luck! Report to follow!

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hey sun drop after 5 years my boat cover was shot i got a new one at walmart mine was $50 think a bigger one that will fit your ride to be in the $60-70 range..

zooker

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 sundrop is that the "Serenity" your floating;). Still have moth balls crammed in mine. Maybe this weekend if the weather holds, might try for some Mill Pond crappie and yellow perch.:cool:

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep she be the "Serenity".... good old gal, take ya to the edge and back and best of all she's paid for!!

Attachments

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 on the paid part. I have one that I bought in 1985 when I came back from Washington State. Still use her to fish, but to small for much ICW fishing.

Going to take the big plunge later this spring and get something bigger that I can use in the ICW. Carolina Skiff 1965 DLX with a 60hp. Small enought to go shallow and big enough to be nice and stable.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drooled on several skiffs and saw some nice aluminum alternatives too for even less $$. Wife says 2009 will be my year so I'll keep "Serenity" happy until "Serenity II" makes her debut then the old gal will be my Wife's runabout for riding the nephews around the river and taking photos....:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought a 1765 last year andI love it. I haven't taken mine out since the first of december. I will probably take her out before the end of the month. I may trade mine in for a 1980 or a 1780 as I need the extra space when I have more than 2 people on the boat. I would recommend a Carolina Skiff to anyone.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the old gal ran great. But the fish just didnt want to play! I caught one 12" fat striper and one 5lb "ish" Flathead. Lots of folks on the water. ( saw Chris TCFisherman and said hello!) Did'nt sound like anyone did much. Bad wind pushing the water out and water was COLD. Oh well, had a nice day in nature. Forgot my hat ( shoulda known!) and got a nice wind/sun burn on my baldish head!..LOL!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least I dont make the 2008 skunk list!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, the old gal ran great. But the fish just didnt want to play! I caught one 12" fat striper and one 5lb "ish" Flathead. Lots of folks on the water. ( saw Chris TCFisherman and said hello!) Did'nt sound like anyone did much. Bad wind pushing the water out and water was COLD. Oh well, had a nice day in nature. Forgot my hat ( shoulda known!) and got a nice wind/sun burn on my baldish head!..LOL!
don't ya have a temp gauge on your depth finder drop?? water up here is in the upper 40's

"baldish head"?? now that is an UNDERSTATEMENT

zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Broke her out

new finder has one but I havent installed it yet..LOL! I need to do some re-routing of wires and button it all up. Gonna get on that tomorrow and repack wheel bearings, replace cheap taillights with waterproof ones etc... I've already "claimed" the carport.. (much to my wife's dismay..LOL)

"baldish head"?? now that is an UNDERSTATEMENT

zooker
HEY!! :eek:I do have hair on the sides when I let it grow:p..LOL.. Not into the whole "comb over" thing :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, since the wind is suppose to lay tomorrow ( seems it has now..) I am going to hit it again and see what happening. Maybe all the warm sunshine has brought temps up a bit. According to Pamlico River Water Quality Conditions the temp is around 55 degrees so I may be able to get a few... report to folow of course!!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
look drop when i last seen you you had as much hair on your head as a cucumber does...

zooker
Looks a little like Sundrop.................... Sundrop you know I'm just joking with ya. I shaved mine once, and I swear I have the most ugly, deformed head on the planet! To top it off, went offshore for a two day trip,fell asleep in the sun, and got my big jug of a head blistered. That was painful.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks a little like Sundrop.................... Sundrop you know I'm just joking with ya. I shaved mine once, and I swear I have the most ugly, deformed head on the planet! To top it off, went offshore for a two day trip,fell asleep in the sun, and got my big jug of a head blistered. That was painful.
LOL!!!! I've definately had my head fried ( explains alot dont it??>>LOL)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.