NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was out fishing today, was out on the water for about three fours and ready to wrap it up, so started headed back for the beach. Had just started paddling back when my paddle gave out and broke in half, the metal where the holes are for changing the length of the paddle was where is gave out. Luckily I had a spare with me and was able to maneuver to the hatch on bow of my kayak and get it out.
Now I had this paddle, the one that broke, because it was longer than my old one and worked better. It was also cheaper. Lesson learned here, if there is anything I'll go on the water without for now on it won't be a spare paddle and I won't be buying a cheap one again. I also put together and keep a first aid kit, extra rope and spare bottles of water in my kayak. I'd much rather have the extra gear and not need it than in an emergency and need it. I realize I could have paddled my kayak like a canoe using one half of the paddle but in wind and current that's alotttt of work.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
add some duct tape to that list of on board items. You can get small rolls that will fit somewhere or just wrap some around a small flashlight or piece of pvc.

Reactions: Alotahp

·
Registered
502 Posts
Would A small piece of the correct gauge pvc and some duct tape allow you to make an emergency repair?

Might be a less expensive and cumbersome option than carrying a second paddle. I've never done it, just like thinking about stuff like this- I'm a minimalist at heart, although you wouldn't believe it if you saw my mirrolure collection!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.