NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my wife out the other day(what a waste of time,not my wife)and her two left feet busted the corner off of my windshield deepest about 3.5" and tapers off to the top and bottum edges. tried SuperGlue but did'nt seem to do the job any other ideas on a strong bonding agent?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have been more specific. My boat windshield and it is tinted. I guess it is made out of plastic? The break is about the size and shape of a large bowie knife.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Superglue is more of a "Bonding agent" than an adhesive. It has no "body" for filling cracks. I'm not sure there is a "good" answer that will look decent for your problem.. Drill a tiny hole at the end of each crack to keep it from running farther and you might apply a light film of fiberglass resin. Or just run a bead of general clear adhesive along the cracks after drilling the ends

Reactions: Keith

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: broken windshield glue, new question

Thanks for he replys. I found some stuff at HD. I could have been more specific again one side of the windshield was broken off in a dagger shape. Maybe this stuff will hold while crusing across the water. Thats if we get any rain, put the boat up and tucked her in last night. Which brings me to another question, looking at getting three of those slow cont. chargers (float?) would it be safe to run three off a house hold power strip if it was kept dry?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Yeah you'll be fine. They dont draw alot of amps so it wont be a large strain. If you use a powerstrip with a "reset" that will protect as well.. Don't panic if they get warm to the touch that's normal too..

Reactions: Keith

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Pretty much all electrical stuff is required to have some sort of label giving voltage and amperage ratings as well as any other pertinent ratings. The one you are mainly interested in is the amperage ratings. I believe the minimum rating you will find on a strip is probably 10 Amps (10A) Most are rated at 15A in my experience. I'm not sure what your chargers are rated at but they are required to be labeled. From what you said I would think 3A each. You just add the amperage for each charger up and your total is what you compare to the strip rating. If the strip is actually a surge protector you are as safe as it gets. I've never seen what happens when lightning runs in on a charging battery....I really don't want to either. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.