NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked the stories out that have been hitting over the past week? I thought it was the base bombing from a battleship off of the beach. Turns out the continental shelf has shifted twice over the past week. Kinda strange.................................. No one has caught much offshore this week either. Fifty miles out, and coffee colored water.:eek:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Wilmington Star News
Thanks Bread Man. I did a search of the Star News using the word "booms" and got three relevant, recent articles:

#1 Feb 8
Wilmington Star News said:
Loud booms rocked Brunswick, New Hanover and Pender counties starting about 6:40 p.m. today.

Callers from Oak Island, Leland and Supply told the Star-News they heard the booms and felt strong vibrations. One man said he thought his beach-front home was collapsing. Another said it shook her whole house.
Full article here

#2 Feb 15
Wilmington Star News said:
The boom that was felt around the region this morning was caused by military training, an Oak Island Coast Guard spokesman said.
Full article here

#3 Feb 16th article was same quotes and info from the Feb article

I was hoping to find more info on those continental shelves moving.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A buddy of mine found an article and printed it. It went into some detail of the shelves, and history of them shifting. I don't know where he found it. It was not military training though as one article suggested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.