NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some business calls to make around Wilmington Friday, so I dragged the Good Wife along to make a weekend of it to visit and sight see around our southern coast. She in turn dragged me through the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher thinking I would enjoy seeing some fish considering it has been quite some time since I have caught or seen any fish. May I highly recommend that all you fellow non catching fishermen go on down to the aquarium and pay the admission if you haven't seen any fish lately.:D Can't wait till they get our Carteret County aquarium re-opened.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
574 Posts
Forrest, it's been a couple season's since we visited the Fort Fisher aquarium, but I concur. The did a first rate job of upgrading the place. I can in and walk around for hours. It's great for the kiddies too.

When is the Pine Knoll Shores facility supposed to reopen? I remember, as a kid, my dad had a small shrimp trawl that he pulled a couple times a year to stock the freezer for Mama. If we caught any interesting "by-catch", we'd throw 'em in bucket with an air pump and "donate" to the aquarium. They kept an octopus that Daddy took them for years. We also took them stuff like seahorses, horseshoe crabs, a huge toadfish and other stuff. I also remember taking unauthorized field trips in high school with my best buddy Sean. We could justify skipping classes if we did something educational. We'd also stop by there and Fort Macon.

Thanks for reminding me of that stuff Forrest, now I gotta go find Sean's number. I haven't talked to him in a couple years :eek:.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.