NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Leland, NC. Right off 133, Near Brunswick river park and Sturgeon creek. Just wanting to hear some fish reports about the area. Anything helps, Lures, Species, times, etc. I've been hearing that the salinity level is almost zero due to the rain in the past year, Kinda scares me! I had my hopes up on catching some trout and reds this fall around that popular 17/76 west bridge. Fill me in! Thanks

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That bridge was a Trout hot spot a few years ago. The entire river holds fish at different times of the year.
Lots of creeks to explore on that side of the river, some have big alligators.
Mostly fish artificials in the winter months. Summer maybe try live baits.
I know this may sound a little general, that because I don't fish the river much.
Just don't enjoy running that river in a small boat.
Hope this helps. ....... ICM

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
pat i already told you what to do. but don't listen to me, i don't know what is going on ;)
stripers and reds don't care about the salinity bro they are in there right now!. Stripers orient to structure all the time. Fish that bridge. Throw a white/chartreuse 5" jerk shad on a 1/8 oz. jighead right against the pilings. Let it settle, and retrieve back with a jerk and then let it settle for a few seconds again, then repeat. They like it fast and jerky, but will still usually hit it on the fall. Look for bait busting and cast topwaters in the early morning hours. if you wake up that is.
Trout will move right up to that spot in a few months as water temps approach the mid 60's. You will know the trout are there when all the bay boats start showing up around halloween-thanksgiving. Stay on your game and you will find them. I hear they get thick in there come fall/winter. North carolina sportsman has a good article covering that area. Good luck and call me, i will probably be fishing right there with you in a few months. But if my spots are hot as they were last year, you may be paying me a visit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.