NC Angler Forums banner

Which date set of dates do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have been working on putting together a M&G in Brunswick County, possibly late October depending on feedback. There is the flexibility of going in to early November if that is a better fit.
The campground is located on the ICW with a public boat ramp 100 yards away. The campground also has it's own private beach and is very yak friendly.
To give everyone an idea, the Shallotte River is a 5 minute ride, Ocean Isle 5 minute ride, Sunset Beach 10 minute ride and the ocean is a 2 minute ride from the public boat ramp.
For those thinking about where to eat, several places close by. Calabash,NC is a 15 minute drive, a Golden Corral 10 minutes away and several places to dine in Shallotte.
I have attached a few pictures of the campground as well as shower facilities plus misc pictures.

Again, it's all about fishing and fellowship. Would love to get feedback to see how much interest there would be.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Man that place looks good to me! Electric hookups at the tent sites and everything. I'm game as long as the dates are right!

Has the campground got a website?

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Sounds good to me.

Reactions: papadave

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very open to dates however I am unavailable the weekend of 18th-19th October because of our radio show charity. I figure that with Thanksgiving everyone will want to get their fishing done with prior to stuffing oneself with tons of great food.
Weekend of 10/25-10/26, 11/1-11/2 or 11/8-11/9 are the weekends that would work. Trying to figure out what works best for everyone

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I failed to mention, but for those that do not wish to camp, there are three hotels within 15 minutes of the campground

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I'll add that Calabash Seafood Hut is an amazing place to grab a quick lunch and has a boat launch right beside it. I've never fished that stretch but always wanted to as it looks very fishy. Also the Golden Corral that was mentioned is one of the best I've ever eaten at.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll add that Calabash Seafood Hut is an amazing place to grab a quick lunch and has a boat launch right beside it. I've never fished that stretch but always wanted to as it looks very fishy. Also the Golden Corral that was mentioned is one of the best I've ever eaten at.
Agree on both. Calabash Seafood Hut remains slam packed with people. The Golden Corral is pretty new. My kids terrorize me to take them there every time we are down. I enter Golden Corral weighing 280, leave weighing 310 :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I will be at my place outside of Supply in late Oct. I'll keep an eye out and if the dates work out I would love to swing by and say hi. Might even wet a line too!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Probably lower 50s at night, upper 60s daytime. I am a maybe, but I see lots of HS band (one of my kids) conflicts on the calendar. One weekend might be open if the football team doesn't make the playoffs (usually does).

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question. Is it possible to add a Poll once a thread has already been created? I'm not seeing anything after a thread has been created, I do see where you can create a poll with a brand new thread?

Anyone?

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
I have a question....

Have you talked to the campground about hosting us? Some campgrounds do not want a group of fishermen. While the Red X group is very well behaved, in general, fishermen do not have a good reputation in campgrounds.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Already discussed with campground, actually over two hours of back and forth today alone

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
For those of us that don't tent camp do they have rental trailer. If not any hotels near by.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For those of us that don't tent camp do they have rental trailer. If not any hotels near by.
Solo, yes, there are three hotels no more than 15 minutes away. I also have a connection with a local golf course that will extend great rates for a cottage. Also roughly 15 minutes away. If interested in the latter I will need to know what date works best for all and then proceed to securing the cottages.

Rick

1 - 20 of 115 Posts