NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet, i have been thinking about going but its a hour and a half ride for me so i want to hit it at the right time and make it worth the ride. i have only fished there 3 or 4 times over the years but i enjoyed the heck out of it when i was there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good luck. I'm headed down to Plymouth this weekend with my boys to fish the creeks in the lower Roanoke. That's a 2 hour ride for me but that's where they asked me to take them and as long as they are asking to go fishing, I'm not complaining.

I guess the worse time to be at the ramp is usually between 11 and 1. This seems to be the time a lot of jetskiers and "non-fishing" boats are hitting at the ramp. Other than the lunch hour rush it's a great place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i go it will probably be during a weekday, like a tuesday, wednesday or thursday. my boat is way to small to be out there on weekend with all of the boat traffic.

enjoy your time with your boys. i have a 17 year old senior in high school, he has been so focused on his baseball career the past couple of years that he has lost interest in fishing. but i am very happy for him and very proud of him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was just there yesterday and caught 3 bass in 2 hrs. I always go during the week as I do not like alot of traffic when I'm trying to fish either. Good Luck, find the old dam and underwater roads and you will do fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.