NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sat an Mon, Grassy, Panhandle an Butchers creeks. Brush in 20-30fow comin up to 12-15ft, castin the World Famous FishDoc Bucktail! caught 65 Sat with biggest at 14 1/2 inches @ 1 lb 13 oz. Had 8 over a pound! we caught over 80 Mon Biggest was 14 inches, with several over a pound. we went searchin Sat an found 22 new (to us) brushpiles, an 6 had large schools of crappie. I encourage clients to bring a handheld GPS an mark all the spots I show them. I tell them the only time I don't want them to fish a spot is when I'm settin on it! LOL! We caught a couple small stripers an several LMB both days, all on the bucktail.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
That's a great day, thanks for the report! Nice of you to let people mark spots, a lot of guides won't do that.

Reactions: MOFISH

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
we went searchin Sat an found 22 new (to us) brushpiles,
Thats not hard to believe. Seeing the lake a few years ago when it was down around 293 or 294, you can find brushpiles everywhere and they all look about identical. Almost seems as if someone makes a full time job of dropping them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We spend about as much time enhancing the fish habitat as we do looking for new places. and you are correct, when they draw the lake down several ft is the best time to explore! All that habitat has kept the crappie fishing very consistant for the last 40+ yrs I've been lucky enuff to enjoy it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not many this w/e, they concentrated up around Clarksville, from what I hear. a few out from Longwood ramp. They usually more in the creeks by this time but this yr has been very unusual, with the weather an water level keepin them out on the main channel more.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
We spend about as much time enhancing the fish habitat as we do looking for new places. and you are correct, when they draw the lake down several ft is the best time to explore! All that habitat has kept the crappie fishing very consistant for the last 40+ yrs I've been lucky enuff to enjoy it!
+1 for at least one example where human intervention actually makes things better. We F---- a lot of stuff up, but at least we occasionally put back. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.