NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who live on and/or fish on Lake Adger. Seeing as how this is now a private lake the public is allowed to use managed by the NCWC, is there any known written prohibitions against building sunken brushpiles to improve crappie habitat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if anyone has seen just what it is the WRC puts in the lake? I can't see anything on the fish finder to indicate much of anything under the couple buoys I've thought to check.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Supposedly a fish attractor called a honeyhole

The lake is not private. It is owned by Polk County. The land around it is mostly private though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Google Mossback Fish Habitat. The ones used here are about 3’ tall, they are rather hard to pick up on your depth finder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay some of those things could certainly be fish magnets particularly in relatively barren areas. I'm not sure others offer anything better or more attractive to fish than the abundant natural cover already present in Adger. I guess it's a bit different than the typical fallen shoreline tree, depending on where it's located. Most of the ones they've placed are in moderately deep water. I've only managed one small bass off one though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supposedly a fish attractor called a honeyhole

The lake is not private. It is owned by Polk County. The land around it is mostly private though.
So you think it would be a bad idea to go ashore and cut some bushes and trees out of someone's yard? Lol!
Somehow I missed that was owned by the county, but then seems I remember some question about the ramp being initially closed last year at the start of the shutdown. The original question remains but this info certainly puts it in a different context. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
The shoreline is owned by the property owners above a certain mark. Below that elevation (basically the lake at normal pool) is owned by Polk County and the county owns the dam too.

They bought it a few years ago from the power company.

The ramp is privately owned but open to public use and maintained by the wildlife folks.

There was an agreement signed about 20 years ago that allows the public to continue to use the lake subject to the restrictions listed at the boat ramp.

You would have to contact the wildlife commission or Polk County to see if you can sink brush piles into the lake.

With the herring now in the lake, most predatory fish are probably feeding on them and not near the shoreline. The herring eat fish eggs and that might contribute to declining bass and crappie populations in the lake.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Some plastic fish attractors are def hard to spot on finder. The more growth they get on them the better they show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts