NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find BULLHEAD or Brown Catfish as I hear they call them in the south. I have a boat and can travel but do not have any idea where or when to go. I used to fish them pretty regularly up north (NY). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Any freshwater creek in your area should have them, especially blackwater ones. If there are invasive flatheads around then don't waste your time targeting bullheads, flatties eat them up. I prefer to use liver when I specifically target bullheads because it cuts down on the gar and blackfish that I catch compared to when I fish cutbait, worms or minnows. Good luck and happy fishing!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
a little bullhead is the best Flathead bait in the world!

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will try the Waccamaw river unless someone has other suggestions. I do appreciate your sharing your knowledge. I do miss a good BULLHEAD fish fry. Stay warm and be patient, the warmer temps are coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.