NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy`s just came back from a couple lakes i was using buzz bait for the 1st time - it was gettin hooked on everything - is there a special technique - PUZZLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Are you using a trailer hook? If so was it pointed up not down? They shouldn't snag any hard cover and should buzz over pads. They will still grab moss though. Was it buzzing right? Blade half way out of the water and the jig directly below it? I like to keep the rod parallel to the water while the lure is in the air and just as it hits I reel in fast and lift the rod fast to get the bait to the surface quicker. It shouldn't snag anything when its on the surface. Hope it helps.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I try to start reeling half a second before it hits the water to get slack out and get it moving the instant it hits the water. True that if you let it sink, even briefly, it will snag things till it comes to surface. Also if you are a using a trailer hook, that will increase your snag rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.