NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks its getting to be that time of the year again! Bass fishing was ON FIRE today. Started out with a nice one on a pumpkinseed worm in selma then met my girlfriend at the farm and caught some nice ones. First one came on a live minnow she was fishing for panfish and as soon as it hit the water I counted 9 boils and her bobber disappeared. I reckon I taught her good because she took her time and fought that big bass in on my light action rod with 6# line. I tied on a spinner bait and went to work casting at the school and immediately hooked up with a nice one who engulfed the spinner. I then switched to a buzz bait and pulled in another nice bass on my first cast. We spent the rest of the time there chasing that school around with the buzz bait and I missed a couple more while she caught a few panfish. I absolutely love catching fish on buzz baits and it was definitely the most fun I've had bass fishing in a long time. Add to that the 6.5# bass I caught yesterday and I'd say it's shaping up to be a pretty good week! Going out Friday with one of the amazing guides on this site for drum hopefully so wish me luck.

Smile Outdoor recreation Fish Fisherman Tree
Water Vertebrate Fish Grass Lake
Sky Cloud Cap Gesture Cricket cap
Water Lake Outdoor recreation Fisherman Watercourse
Water Vertebrate Lake Fisherman Fish

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
most of the bass I saw today were in less then 2' of water. At the pond in selma I saw a lot within a few feet of the bank in 8" of water just sitting there ignoring everything I threw. The only reason I decided to throw a buzz was because the whole school was in shallow water and I knew I already had the bass angry enough for a reaction strike. I was shocked how hard they hit today. Night and day difference from last week. They about completely swallowed the buzz and the spinner.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
nice job....i rode out to Holt lake(butner) today to eat and where you cross a cove the bass were tearing up topwater.....didnt have a rod with me...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I never pick up a buzzbait til the grass emerges. May have to re-think that situation.
Yeah I was thinking mid April about start of top water buzz bait action but man I will have to try this. Last week during the long skunk I almost thought about throwing a buzz. Last night crappie fishing something was busting a school of bait but all I had was my crappie gear.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well folks its getting to be that time of the year again! Bass fishing was ON FIRE today. Started out with a nice one on a pumpkinseed worm in selma then met my girlfriend at the farm and caught some nice ones. First one came on a live minnow she was fishing for panfish and as soon as it hit the water I counted 9 boils and her bobber disappeared. I reckon I taught her good because she took her time and fought that big bass in on my light action rod with 6# line. I tied on a spinner bait and went to work casting at the school and immediately hooked up with a nice one who engulfed the spinner. I then switched to a buzz bait and pulled in another nice bass on my first cast. We spent the rest of the time there chasing that school around with the buzz bait and I missed a couple more while she caught a few panfish. I absolutely love catching fish on buzz baits and it was definitely the most fun I've had bass fishing in a long time. Add to that the 6.5# bass I caught yesterday and I'd say it's shaping up to be a pretty good week! Going out Friday with one of the amazing guides on this site for drum hopefully so wish me luck.

View attachment 69663 View attachment 69664 View attachment 69665 View attachment 69666 View attachment 69667
You going out with the Breadman?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.