NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
My kayak is about 80 pounds and since im a pretty crafty guy and instead of pay 75-100 bucks I got some wheel barrow wheels at tractor supply, large set of half inch bolts and nuts and some 2X4s, added some rubber to the part the kayak sits on and built my own. Wheels where 5 bucks each, 2x4s are like 2-3 bucks each, bolts and nuts ran about 4 bucks. For like 25-30 bucks its better than any cart I have seen in most stores and goes through sand like a champion. Just a option

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had one for about a year and a half. A bit over priced, but works well. The strap should be a little heavier IMO, but the wheels work on most surfaces. I use it with a kayak that weights around 150 lbs and it handles that well. I think best use of the C-Tug is for kayakers that want to break it down and throw it in the boat and carry with them, dis-assembly is fast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
C-tug is expensive, but it's an excellent cart. I bought one for my Cuda 12 and wouldn't want any other cart. It handles rough terrain well, and the new solid kiwi wheels won't ever go flat. Never had it in sand. If you get one, be sure to watch the youtube videos that explain how to install and use the straps. Most complaints about c-tug come from incorrect strap installation. I couldn't make heads or tails of the printed instructions, but with the videos I was able to install mine correctly. I love the fact that you can break it down in seconds and store it in the boat. My opinion: expensive but well worth it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
C-tug is expensive, but it's an excellent cart. I bought one for my Cuda 12 and wouldn't want any other cart. It handles rough terrain well, and the new solid kiwi wheels won't ever go flat. Never had it in sand. If you get one, be sure to watch the youtube videos that explain how to install and use the straps. Most complaints about c-tug come from incorrect strap installation. I couldn't make heads or tails of the printed instructions, but with the videos I was able to install mine correctly. I love the fact that you can break it down in seconds and store it in the boat. My opinion: expensive but well worth it.
Agreed. Like mine a lot.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I agree...the C tug strap is the worst thing in the world... you need a degree in rocket science to figure out how to work the strapping system... just use bungees

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
and she is rough going over sand dunes... I will tell you that...where you are allowed to cross on sand dunes for all you nature lovers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.