1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Doug, I have the Cabelas TTS703-2 I think. I love that rod. papadave put me on these rods a while back. I can cast my MR 14 Mirro Lures on them, as well as heavier lures. 1/8 to 5/8 on the lure size on that particular rod. PM Dave to get his opinion, or maybe he'll see this and add to it. The ones I have are the 2 piece, so you may be more interested in the 1 piece.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
The TT rods are worth the regular price and are an outstanding value for 1/2 price.
My favorite, that I take everywhere from DH fishing with Mr. Darrell to Spec/Drum fishing with Mr. Dennis is the 7' ml. The handle is shorter than most so it's much more comfortable in the canoe. I also have a 9' M that I use to chunk lures in the surf and just recently bought a 6'6 M for tossing topwater baits(on sale for ~$30).
They aren't $250 rods, but I think they rival any $100-$150 rod you can buy.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canoecat-thanks for the input.

For PD and Dennis, I think I am convinced. Maybe I can catch fish like all you rich folks when I upgrade from my old stick and string.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Canoecat-thanks for the input.

For PD and Dennis, I think I am convinced. Maybe I can catch fish like all you rich folks when I upgrade from my old stick and string.
I've seen your stick and string style ... it's as good as my "bargain cave" style, just not as shiny:p.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am interested in getting two of these Cabelas rods on sale. Both for speckled trout. I want one for fishing mirrolures in the surf (52m and TT) with a 2500 or 3000 size reel. And the other rod for fishing grubs and mirrolure mr17's in the rivers, also on 2500 size reels. Which 2 rods would you get? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
IMO the 7' (or even the 8') medium for the surf and hands down the 7' ML for inshore.

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.