NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Shimano shoes I got on sale last year. These are great in that they don't get torn up by oysters but they are only ankle high and I want something calf high with the same basic characteristics.
The ones I have are completely water proof so my feet stay dry. The trade off is that they are hot but I would rather have them keep my feet dry than have a boot that protects but drains water out. If I get something that is tough enough for oysters yet lets water in/out I will end up getting mud, dirt, shell fragments etc washed into them.
At the same time I'd rather not have to go with a winter type boot.
No Crocs either:)

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YES! Someone (I know there are several) with a sense of humor!
Well done my friend I must say. They sure are beauties too-just my style other than the bedazzling.

My first attempt at boots was a pair of SFS. I purchased them and went directly to my kayak and went directly to an oyster bed and an oyster went directly through the side and the water directly filled the boot.
In a matter of a half hour I managed to perforated one boot. I can't imaging what would happen to my leg if I wasn't wearing the boot?
It was only the first, and only, time I walked on oysters I promise (I'm a fisherman so I can lie).
I don't want people to think I walk on oyster beds and crush and kill them. The oyster police will be knocking on my door
Thanks for the tips though. I may look at those snake boots. They are "snake skin" right? Boy I sure hope so.

Galaxy S4. Slimkat 4.4.2 official.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I checked out this brand and I didn't see anything that would fit the bill that wasn't thick and for winter type fishing.

Galaxy S4. Slimkat 4.4.2 official.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.