NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 7'6" Calico Jack M rod about a month ago since Dicks was having a sale. I would primarily be using it for inshore (pier)fishing but sometimes use it for freshwater(3/8oz-1/2oz lures). Initially, I wanted a 8' MH rod but none of them had them in stock. I told him the heaviest lure I would use it for would be a 1oz Gotcha plug and he said that specific rod would work fine, even though the label recommends 3/8-3/4oz. Now, I didn't know what the rating on the MH rods were since they didn't have them in stock, but I ran into specs a couple days ago and noticed the MH rods are rated 3/8-1oz, which falls into exactly the lures I use. Anyone that has use both M and MH Calico Jack rod can comment on if there's a noticeable difference? Should I try to exchange the M rod for the MH?

Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I was just a little worried since the two rods were basically rated the same(with the MH rated being able to handle 1/4oz more weight). I'm guessing their MH is much heavier than the specs suggest? The M I have seems to be stiffer than my brother's 7'4 Quantum rod that's also a Medium.; though his is rated for 1/4-1oz lures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.