NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seeking any suggestions on waterproof cameras, i know theres a bunch out there, gopros etc. just like to hear your input on cameras yall use, and if you are satisfied with what you got..my phone camera just not cutting it. thanks

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Read up on the Panasonic TS5 and the Nikon AW120 and not sure if either will do what I want. I want to take video remotely in the canoe and use as regular point and shoot. It appears you can run either from a cell phone app but it's unclear if that is just to take single shots or stop and start video Very confusing specs. The key fob remote on the GoPro is appealing in the canoe but the rest of the time the GoPro seems like it's not what you want just to shoot pics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like to just take pics from my kayak.. looking at vivitar 787hd or bell + howell at walmart dont know if anyone ever used it.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have a Fuji XP100 digital camera. It takes real good pictures and has video capabilities too for up to about 30 minutes. It is water and shock proof and can even take pictures underwater.

This spring I mounted it to the bill of an old hat and got some great video footage of some bedding fish catches.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have the Panasonic TS3 I think? But I believe there is a newer version. It's a great camera. I have taken underwater photos, videos, Dropped it. its tough. The thing I like most is that it has a manual mode. It also has panoramic mode. My only gripe is it doesn't have an lens cover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My AW100 takes great point and shoot pics. It's tough to get night pics right but when lighting is ok it can focus very well. Video is nice as well. On max settings it eats up a 8G card in about 25 min but you can cut the res down and get a lot more run time and still have 720 or even more at 480P.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts