NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:):)was looking for a camp ground alittle closer to me than goose point in va taking the wife and kids next month for a week i live in mt airy. want something that is on the water have a 34 ft rv and need water hook up any idles ??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello Jerry and welcome to the site. I believe that there are two campgrounds not far from Mt. Airy. Stone Mountain State Park is one and the other is New River State Park. You can check them out on the web. All the info is available there with features, cost, phone numbers, and activities.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Check out the campgrounds on the South Fork of the New River just before it runs into the North Fork. There are three within about 2 miles of the confluence (sp?) of the two rivers. Rivercamp, Riverside, and Twin Rivers. We go to Twin Rivers for a week every spring. You camp right on the river and there is water and electrical hookup sites, as well as, regular and primitive sites available. They do have a bath house right at the camping sites as well.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the help was looking for a lake going to take the boat with us never been to lake norman down off 77 been to stone mtn great place to camp was going to goose point but thay are full on the weekends and can only get site during the week lol just my luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.