NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys was wondering if anybody has fished these 2 lakes lately? if so are the bass on the beds yet? thanks for any info,

·
Red X Angler
3,772 Posts
I have not been out there this season, I don't know empirically. Based on the past 20 years of experience on at least one of them, I would be willing to bet the answer right now is 'spawn and post-spawn.'

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If you could catch Cane Creek on a cloudy or better yet misty rainy morning and throw a Sammy on points in 4-10 feet of water first thing in the morning for the next three or four weeks you might be in for a good half day catching post spawn females in bunches. Can't say from past experience there but it holds true on similar Piedmont city reservoirs. I would not even gar hole Mack into fishing University Lake on a bet though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
very slow bite in cane creek,been there 3 week ends in a row fish on beds with lock jaw . should be coming off now,definitely,later this year.all 5 times going only handful of bass.no big ones. last year this time catching 50 or more a day..it will come around...and what i like bout cane creek the most its in back yard...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts