NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locally we have some good rivers around. I enjoy making trips to all at least once a year. John's River, excellent smallmouth, sunfish & bluegills, redeyes, and an occasional trout. New River, again excellent smallmouth, and trout. Catawba River, an on going state project and newly regulated trout water, main target here is brown trout. Check some of these out if you get the chance. Let's here about some more. Pics of John's River.

·
Registered
359 Posts
new too

Crummy I`ve been on the New a few times and caught some smallies out from the campground rivercamp USA, near west Jefferson.very enjoyable.But I am not familiar with John`s river, fill me in....mark

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John's River heads around the mountains of Blowing Rock. Heard of Wilson Creek? Around the Collettsville area the two run together. It then is called John's River from there down where it eventually meets the Catawba River then flowing into Lake Rhodhiss. There are many miles of floatable water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.