NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at Dicks late this morning to burn up a gift card i received yesterday. I have needed a second pole on the boat for a while now and bought an Abu Garcia combo, some weighted 5/0 weedless hooks and Gulp 6 inch chartruese jerk shad. After that, picked up my fishing buddy and headed downtown to fish the falling tide. We headed upriver and hit a few spots and one well known spot produced the first bite for me. A 25 1/2 inch striper to break in the new rod! A few stops later and my buddy caught a 20" and 24" striper. We had quite a few bites after that but no hookups, except for a catfish i caught. About 4:30 we called it a day and headed back to the ramp.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I havnt been to the river yet this winter but might try later this week. Are you guys getting them around structure near the banks or drops? I would love to get into a couple nice ones like the ones you guys got. I got a 16 pounder a couple years ago right near the battleship

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
****! My fish seems tiny now haha! Catfish was caught on the jerkshad and we did well around structure. I didn't fish the area you mentioned NaClH20 but if this week is anything like this past weekend from what I hear you should fish that spot again. hint hint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.