NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the Cape Fear on sat. at the lock and dam#1. Fished about four hours and couldnt manage to catch anything but a sunburnt forehead. Left my cap at home. River was up about 3 ft. and a little muddy.At one time there was about 10 boats fishing and only a few fish caught. fish will probably turn on as soon as the river drops and clears. Had a great time being back on my home waters.:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
You need to visit the E-store and get you a nice new NCAngler fishing hat!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Stopped by No. 1 today on my way back from Wilmington. There were a few people fishing from the bank and a couple boats out but nobody was catching anything.

Reactions: fishyfishy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will likely be a couple of weeks before the water drops and clears to be able to dart, provided we don't get anymore heavy rain. Want to get my son who has never caught a shad,I cant wait to see him pulling for all he's got. Want to do a Weldon trip with him this year to. See if he can handle a teenager by him self.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.