NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about taking a trip out to Cape Lookout National Seashore to do some surf fishing sometime between May 10th and 18th. I haven't decided on the details but it will probably be the 12th through the 16th or 17th. I know that is Mother's Day weekend but it is the best time for me. I haven't decided if I am going to ferry my Jeep from Atlantic to the north shore or from Davis to the south shore. I am open for suggestions. I will have room for one person and their equipment in my Jeep if anyone is interested in going along. I am also flexible on the dates as long as it is between the 10th and the 18th.

Send me an email if you are interested. [email protected] or [email protected]

Mark

·
Registered
157 Posts
Boy I would so love to go, but it's 7 hours to Davis from my house, and maybe a half hour more to Atlantic. Geesh, I'd really like to... maybe I can swing something. Can you take a regular car on the ferry there? If so, maybe I could come up separate and meet you guys??? {heavy sigh - must as wifey first}

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I reserved a spot on the ferry from Davis over to South Core banks for Monday May 14th. I had to take the 9:00 AM ferry spot as the 7:00 AM was booked. Would have liked to take the earlier ferry to catch the falling tide but that's ok. I will be coming back to Davis on the 12:00 PM ferry on Wednesday the 16th. Not as long a time as I was originally planning but should give me two full days of fishing.
Davis is approximately 3 hrs. 45 minutes from my house in Apex. I haven't decided if I am going down early Sunday evening or very early Monday morning.

Mark

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the website sinker man. Good site!

I have decided to head down Sunday morning and fish Bogue Inlet for a while before working my way towards Davis.

Still open to some company if anyone wants to meet me. I will have my traveling buddy with me (dog).

Mark

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I guess no one wants to go out to Core Banks with me...............:(

My friend that usually goes with me was on standby as his father in-law up in PA is very sick and he and his wife had to leave yesterday to go up there.

I am still open if anyone wants to meet. If anyone is interested they can also meet me at my house by Sunday morning and do the whole trip with me. Other wise Lucy and I are going by ourselves. Lucy is my little dog that doesn't think that I am ever suppose to leave the house without her and my wife is in Florida so I have to take her with me. It will be a huge adventure for her.

Mark

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd love to go but the wife says "ahem, isn't this a special weekend??... ahem...". I seem to have more free time during the week than I do on the weekend anymore... of course, free time is stored in the same jug as my spare change, guess it's empty right now...lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sinker man, I will have enough supplies with me to stay a week and if the ferry breaks down, oh well! Sounds like a good enough excuse to stay a week. As long as I get back by next Saturday to pick my wife up at the airport, that will be the only thing that matters.

I will be leaving in just a few hours.

Mark

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Livebait, I'm with you in spirit! have a great trip!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.