NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called and spoke to one of the guys at Hook Line & Paddle today. Hook Line & Paddle took over the operation from Cape Fear Kayaks on March 1. They're still working on their website, and they've even changed the phone #. There's a recording on the old line, but the new # is 910 792-6945.

Cape Fear's kayak-fishing tourney series has been canceled. HookLine & Paddle intends to launch their own series shortly - He said probably May would be the earliest they could swing it. Either watch for their website to go live soon, or call the store to check on the latest tourney plans.

Lefty

·
Registered
369 Posts
I appreciate the head's up. I haven't had the pleasure of working with this group yet, but hear they had been great to work with and understand that essentially its the same folks. Either way, I will make note of the change for the future.

By the way, originally being from Elon area; where are you putting in the Haw for the recent pictures I've seen you post?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We launched from the canoe launch just around the corner from the Robeson Creek ramp. When I think back to my whitewater canoeing days from Scouts, the launch at Hwy 64 sounds kinda fun.. but I'd probably better try it with something that's not loaded down with tackle first!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am going to have to take you up on at least a trip down the river next time I get home, which may just be in the next 2 or 3 weeks. My folks and older brother still live there in Elon. I haven't fished there since I was a young "lad" with one of my uncles, but would love to take it on in a kayak with someone who has had some experience on it. I will let you know next time I am headed that way and maybe it would work out to get out.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Chris told me this weekend to make sure everyone knew that this is a completely different kayak shop from Cape Fear and that a lot more can be expected from them. Look for a lot more emphasis on kayak fishing and fishing trips. They are having a grand opening soon (I've misplaced my date for it) and will be having food, drinks, boats, and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks, Druminator. Please post the date/time once you hear further.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy to whom I spoke (was it Ryan?) expressed the same idea -- the old store is no more, the new is here. Don't think of it as same-place/new-name.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Guys I am the other owner Chris. Ryan and I partnered up and reopened the shop. We both have worked their in the past but like Druminator stated we are a whole new shop. We are excited to drive the place more into the kayak fishing but we will still stock recreational and sea kayaks. So I am happy to see some interest. We are located on Eastwood Rd in Wilmington and our grand opening will be May 3rd come on out and have some fun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We are excited to drive the place more into the kayak fishing but we will still stock recreational and sea kayaks. So I am happy to see some interest.
Chirs,

Sounds awesome to me. I'll be sure to stop in once I get home and situated again sometime in mid-May. Looking forward to meeting you and will be sure to pass along your information to those looking for a place that helps promote this ever-expanding sport.

Joe

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey Guys I am the other owner Chris. Ryan and I partnered up and reopened the shop. We both have worked their in the past but like Druminator stated we are a whole new shop. We are excited to drive the place more into the kayak fishing but we will still stock recreational and sea kayaks. So I am happy to see some interest. We are located on Eastwood Rd in Wilmington and our grand opening will be May 3rd come on out and have some fun.
Congrats Chris & Ryan! Here's wishing you guys all the best with the shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.