NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a lone flounder 12.5" in two days (wouldn't have caught anything if it wasn't for the shrimp on the second day), along with a stringray, toadfish (not sure what you guys call them or their real name) and a pretty large skate that almost split my finger in two.. but it was fun. I only caught on a double bottom rig using fresh shrimp from the local one stop bait and tackle. I tried berkley gulp fiddlers, cutbait (I started tipping my shrimp with the used piece), stringsilvers and bucktails but no avail. Was hoping to haul a bluefish or two but no dice. Will post some pics up later.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a picture of the toadfish but deleted it, and the stingray was about the same size as the skate. The skate was the one that got ahold of my finger, learned my lesson and later realized thanks to google that the males have spines under their wings. Anyways also went fishing today at tuckertown and made up for it with some good size bass in the 2-5lb range.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.