NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Congrats on a great few hours on the water. It doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the flounder (keepers) around here really jump on the artificials from about May 1st until mid June most years..the big schools of bait are pretty scarce during this time and we like to cover ground much like the bass guys do..Reef time is getting ready to heat up, but it sure is nice not having to white knuckle the inlets:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
How did those zmann baits hold up to the assault? I've heard they're pretty durable.

I'd say that was three hours well spent!

·
Registered
237 Posts
How did those zmann baits hold up to the assault? I've heard they're pretty durable.

I'd say that was three hours well spent!

I love the z man... even after the pesky bait snatchers try to bite the tails off... they are still as good as the day I put them on the hook.. I get multiple fishing trips out of one plastic...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's your favorite Zman colors?
I like white and use the BioDip to dye all the tails chartruese. Put them all in an old Gulp bucket or any container, load it up with shrimp ProCure (my favorite for all my plastics both shrimp and bait fish imitations) and give it a good shake.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I like white and use the BioDip to dye all the tails chartruese. Put them all in an old Gulp bucket or any container, load it up with shrimp ProCure (my favorite for all my plastics both shrimp and bait fish imitations) and give it a good shake.
That's a pretty good idea! I'm going to have to add that to the bag of tricks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the procure dry out? Just fill up the bucket and keep the lid on it?
Take a look at the pic with my son and the alabama rig. You'll see that the ProCure on the ZMan pogy will harden up but will keep its reddish tint and will slowly wear off while using the bait (that one particular bait was on for the whole 3 hours and caught 4 of the 7 flounder for him). As far as the potency, I still have ProCure on my trout slash baits that I used last fall...and they smell just as "nasty" as the day I put it on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts