NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to launch from the surf tomorrow. I Went out today and did not catch anything but it was my first time in the ocean so I was acclimating more than fishing. If anyone else wants to join maybe we could get out there and get some Spanish!

I am north of the boardwalk about 1/2 mile. 500 block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you have. I have a 12' SOT Eagle Talon 12'. Once I got past the surf it was like being on a lake. A busy lake, but still a lake.

I will update all tomorrow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hurricane Skimmer 128. It's not the most stable yak I've been in. I just picked up a couple weeks ago so I'm still getting used to it. I'm sure once I get more experience in it I'll feel more comfortable in the rougher stuff.

I really want to fish the rocks at Masonboro inlet but I can see things going south in a hurry if I mess up there. I have been out in the CB inlet in my old sit in Loon 138 and that wasn't much better than the surf so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Tight lines tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. Had some issues. Ride in fine. But did not get the kayak pulled up quick enough. Wave hit it, rolled it an broke my rod holder and a $100 All star rod.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I may work up the nerve to go out in the big water this year but I'm really unsure. I don't think I have the yak for it.
I paddled out to the man made reef at the buoy. Water was great. Caught a couple of bottom fish, had a 20" grey trout hit a jig and I lost it at the boat. There was another boat that caught a 27" Cobia while bottom fishing with minnows. I had another Cobia swim 10' off my port side. Tried to get it to hit spoon with no luck. Looked for bait fish everywhere and did not see any, going to hit the back waters tomorrow.

·
Red X Angler
3,567 Posts
Enjoying the reports look forward to your backwater report. Are you fishing the fort tomorrow or intercostal. I need a trip to the salt but that is not until August. I will be in Waves on the OBX for a week and also plan on a off the beach run plus some sound fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.