NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the last 3 days fishing Kure Pier and CB Pier. Caught zip off Kure on Tue . PM, last nite at CB, I caught an under flounder, a small shark and about 9, a ton of tiny croakers...Didn't see anyone else catching anything, except one guy caught a large shark and fought it for 15 mins. before it broke his line. Entertaining on a slow day...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Does Carolina Beach pier still have all the No signs?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Spent the last 3 days fishing Kure Pier and CB Pier. Caught zip off Kure on Tue . PM, last nite at CB, I caught an under flounder, a small shark and about 9, a ton of tiny croakers...Didn't see anyone else catching anything, except one guy caught a large shark and fought it for 15 mins. before it broke his line. Entertaining on a slow day...
We got two chopper blues on the end yesterday 31 and 37 1/2 in.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Those signs saying No Nets... No Sharkfishing...No etc... for the first half of the pier...I used to fish C.B. All the Time with Cowboy...and I know Freddie...I just always hated seeing those signs.
Sounds dum...but I hate signs. I guess like the Song...by Tesla...wait...now I feel old.:)

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Those signs saying No Nets... No Sharkfishing...No etc... for the first half of the pier...I used to fish C.B. All the Time with Cowboy...and I know Freddie...I just always hated seeing those signs.
Sounds dum...but I hate signs. I guess like the Song...by Tesla...wait...now I feel old.:)
Oh yeah they are still here. Hah and cowboy is a trip huh

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Is he still having root beer at 7. A.m.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Now that is Funny....
He can Fish tho....he can work a plug...usually hanging half off the pier.In a contorted position.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Now that is Funny....
He can Fish tho....he can work a plug...usually hanging half off the pier.In a contorted position.
Out there one day and we had a king at the pier and we told him to gaff it. He yelled which one?!?! Lol we said pick one! Funny funny funny. But we got the fish.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since ya'll know the area, what was the jetty built for at the end of Ft. Fisher? There used to be a bronze plaque there also but is gone...hope it wasn't stolen. Anyway, had some friends ask me what it was built for and we forgot to stop at the museum. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't know....good question....I almost bought the Farm while fishing off that jetty.

Reactions: RobLatta

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, the jetty was built in the 1870's to close off Little Inlet as it was known, to make ships go to the mouth of the Cape Fear. Everyone who goes there would know most of that and more, had some -------- not stolen the bronze plaque from the rock at the start of the jetty...and yeah, it is easy to "buy the farm" there if you are not careful. We walked 3/4 of the way out and you don't realize how far it is until you start back...lol.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Also referred to as the Fort Fisher Wall.
There used to be another inlet further south. Corn Cake inlet. Hurricane Fran made it look like it was never there.

·
Registered
847 Posts
In the late 19th century, a long rock jetty called "The Rocks" was built west of Fort Fisher to aid navigation by stopping shoaling in the Cape Fear River. Completed in 1881, The Rocks closed the former New Inlet, once used by Confederate blockade-runners to avoid the U.S. Navy, and created a lagoon, now called "The Basin". Today, The Rocks and The Basin are part of the Zeke's Island component of the North Carolina National Estuarine Research Reserve, and 1160-acre area of outstanding estuarine and ocean resources with extensive marshes and tidal flats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts