NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be down for the Good Friday and weekend (20th-23rd) fishing the surf at Carolina Beach and maybe Kure/Ft. Fisher. Anyone gonna be down then? Gonna stay at the Sands w/ the gf and hopefully find a fish or two. Any recommendations on species to go after? Drum and blues are hopefully what will be caught and specifically on lighter tackle, and I won't be catching anything to eat since I'll be at a condo with no range/oven ect.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most places have a grill area, nothing like throwing a fresh one on the grill

Cook out, eat in

tight lines <*)))))>{
Ahh forgot :) I'll ask if they do. You don't have a problem with fish staying on the grill? I always figured it would be tough since they don't have alot of fat and they would flake off when you tried to turn em. I've ate salmon that's been grilled, but it was on aluminum foil or something to keep it from falling apart.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Rob S - when grilling fish, leave the skin on and grill it flesh side down first. Then flip it over and cook the skin side. When it's done, on most fish the flesh will easily slide off the skin with a spatula. I like using a long spatula to support the whole fillet. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am heading down that same weekend. Trying to decide if I will drag the boat. 5 hours there on Friday, Fish Saturday, Back Sunday, thinking not. Leaving the wife and kids for 3 additional days (how did they arrange that????). I will be surf fishing or boat fishing. Maybe we will have to connect. Staying 4 blocks down from the charter boats. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am heading down that same weekend. Trying to decide if I will drag the boat. 5 hours there on Friday, Fish Saturday, Back Sunday, thinking not. Leaving the wife and kids for 3 additional days (how did they arrange that????). I will be surf fishing or boat fishing. Maybe we will have to connect. Staying 4 blocks down from the charter boats. Hope to see you there.
Where are the charter boats at? I've been to Carolina Beach and Kure beach all my life but I've only fished on the old Carolina Beach pier that is now no more where Golden Sands is and Kure Beach pier. I'll PM you and give you my phone number if you wanna surf fish. I'll be there with the ole lady so I won't be all day fishing, but alot of it will be :)

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Nothing like putting the fillets or whole fish in aluminun foil, salt, pepper, lemon, butter and let the good times roll. Straight on the grill or foil doesn't matter, you can come out with some great eating fish, then some garlic bread, green bean and corn on the cob, let me shut up I'm getting hungry.

tight lines and good luck<*)))))>{

·
Registered
489 Posts
..................... I won't be catching anything to eat since I'll be at a condo with no range/oven ect.
Rob, check with the local restaurants. Some will cook your cleaned catch and furnish fries and slaw for a few dollars. I know most of them at Surf City, (Topsail Island) will cook them for you. We use their service a lot. So check them out at Carolina Beach. Good luck!
:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.