NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, guys and girls,

I just bought a kayak and want to carp fish in it. Does anyone have any ideas on fly tackle and locations. Thanks Zac P.S. In return I may give up some nice small trout streams!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I saw one in Bond Lake in Cary - when I first saw it, it looked like an old tire, maybe 12" diameter or so... its big ol' scales looked like tire treads... then it disappeared in a swirl of water...

What part of the state do you paddle in?

If you can make it to Fort Fisher on June 28, there will be lots of boats to check out and folks to meet!
http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f106/kayak-fishing-meet-greet-email-me-6040.html

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Hey man. Got your mail. You got good timing. NO. 1-I will post some pics TOMORROW (I swear) Left my camera at work today. Of the carp Team Hardcore was catching this past weekend. I didn`t ,(personally) but I tried. Went for our normal LMB fish and a carp adventure broke out. They are staging up for the spawn and when you`re spooking big clouds of hundreds of them it`s hard not to try and catch one. Poor man`s redfish put up a heck of a fight.
NO. 2-Trout are on my mind for hatchery open but I don`t need any info on that day. Be up there on the Toe saturday.
It`s a short window to catch them bunched up and biting. When they spawn you won`t likely catch em. If you can catch a 10-15 lber on a mtn. trout size fly rod in under 20 min. I`d be impressed. With 20lb braid It`s maybe 5 min. AND YES YOU WILL GET A FREE BATH MOST LIKELY. You get to charlotte or nearby me and the boys would be glad to help get you started. Don`t think because we have a club we`re formal or have memberships. There`s (right now) 4 of us you can count on to go out at least twice a week, all year long. Conservatively 25yrs experience between us four.

You couldn`t calculate how much kayak experience there is on ncangler. Everyone is willing to help and you won`t need to go anywhere else.
Welcome aboard-------------------stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.