NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Lincolnton and there are about a jillion carp ponds near me. I have never fished for carp but was looking to give it a shot. I know I have to make the bait and I am told it is similar to catfishing but can anyone tell me how to make the bait and recommend some of the things I may need? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Well, carp bait recipes are a big can of worms.
Some well guarded, some simple, some more complicated and more ingredients than making a cake. Not even counting commercial baits.
Search on here and you should find alot of info.
Most simple- Good ole whole kernel corn. Chum an area with a handful and cover a hook with it.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
i use corn or bread and vinilla extract ;) make a dough ball on your hook and dip in the vinilla then hang on :) ill be carpin some time this week.

Reactions: gambusia

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
no put corn on the hook alone then dip that into the vanilla and same with the bread ball it on the hook then dip it in the vanilla,i normall put corn on one rod and bread on the other ;)
make sure you watch the rods close cause when they hit they run at the same time to which if there big enough they will take your rod with them.

Reactions: gambusia

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I have never caught a carp on purpose, tried a few times with friends who live to go to carp ponds, but I can't seem to buy a carp. :confused: now when I go catfishing, I can't seem to keep the away from my bait:p go figure. my friend swears by a sugar pop on a hook and some kind of ground up dog food ground to exacting standards;) sometimes, he uses the bread and strawberry flavoring.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
my friend swears by a sugar pop on a hook and some kind of ground up dog food ground to exacting standards;) sometimes, he uses the bread and strawberry flavoring.
i agree anything sweet smelling will work and the bread ball is easier than mixing corn flakes and stuff together ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
go to southernpaylaker.com or carpreport.com there will be ten thousand carp baits specifically for carp pond.... all ponds are somewhat similar depending on the time of year... but grits, oats, and rice are the three main carp baits.. they will have everything you need to land a few and maybe win u some money...... its a free site all u have to do is register just like on this one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.