NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not really a report, but I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone knew something about NC carp fishing(fly). I'm going to be staying at Lake Junaluska for a week and have seen some big carp cruising the dam area. I am sure they get a ton of pressure from spin casters, but I think with the right techniques/tips, I might have a shot. If anyone knows a particular pattern they'd be willing to share, I'd be more than grateful.:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they're mostly common carp with a few goldens mixed in. Grass carp are technically illegal to catch on public land anyways. I have tied a few bread flies and I'll be sure to try them. I think the fish get a lot of bread from people that feed the ducks, so there's a good chance of getting one to eat a bread fly. Do you have personal experience? I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I think they're mostly common carp with a few goldens mixed in. Grass carp are technically illegal to catch on public land anyways. I have tied a few bread flies and I'll be sure to try them. I think the fish get a lot of bread from people that feed the ducks, so there's a good chance of getting one to eat a bread fly. Do you have personal experience? I'd love to hear it.
nope sorry.. never done any carp fishin, just going on what I've heard others say..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I'm sure that would work. I'm to cheap to go buy tan Mcfly foam, so I made mine out of some tan craft fur I had. I do wish it floated better than it does. I'm not sure they will take dries since they are suckers, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.