NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any streams, creeks or small ponds that are available to fish in the Cary or Morrisville area? I am at a disadvantage, having lived most of my life in Pittsburgh, I do not know the area well enough to know what is ok and what is barren or taboo.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Bond park off high house rd allows fishing from anywhere you can reach. The pond there is stocked with cats, also has bass, carp, and bream. On the back side of the spillway the creek wanders for a while before leaving the park, but I have no idea if there are fish there; it's pretty skinny.

If you really want moving water you might have to head west on 64 past Jordan lake and hit the haw river, or pick it up below the dam in the southern part of the county. Crabtree creek and the Neuse river to the northeast also have fishable water altho the Crabtree area is undergoing PCB cleanup.

Reactions: th365thli

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I know the pool on the back side of the **** at Bond park holds some fish. Can catch cats and bream in there. Never tried anywhere in the creek beyond though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There isn't enough water in the creek on the backside of Bond Lake Dam. I get bored and walk over there every now and then. I live pretty close to Bond Lake and if I'm too lazy to go anywhere good. I head over there. lol, every time I always ask myself why because I've never caught a decent fish there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.