NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Looks good man. I've always had shoot through hull so take this unsolicited suggestion with a grain of salt....... I would keep the bolt that toggles the angle kind of loose. That way if you bump into something it will just twist up or down instead of maybe breaking. Just a thought!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good man. I've always had shoot through hull so take this unsolicited suggestion with a grain of salt....... I would keep the bolt that toggles the angle kind of loose. That way if you bump into something it will just twist up or down instead of maybe breaking. Just a thought!
Yeah i was thinking the same thing.. i going to have to paddle around like Im driving a Ferrari through a wal-mart parking lot

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
VERY nice work:cool: IMO that's the best place for it performance-wise and I've got mine back there too.

fishjunky's right you need to keep that bolt loose. It's supposed to kick up but it takes a pretty hard hit to do it so you can't trust that feature. My mount is different but I put flat washers between the tranducer and the mount to defeat the position notches so it turns up and down easier. Also be mindful when you're loading the boat onto something - if you leave the stern on the ground and lift the bow too high, contact will occur (happens to me from time to time).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like that :cool: The back of my RIDE will work just like that and best of all it looks like just a straight piece of aluminum bout 6-7 inches long would work great!! What size hole did u have to drill for the cable and where did you pick up that cover/grommet at?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that :cool: The back of my RIDE will work just like that and best of all it looks like just a straight piece of aluminum bout 6-7 inches long would work great!! What size hole did u have to drill for the cable and where did you pick up that cover/grommet at?
The cover grommet came with my fishfinder..h-bird.. in fact everything came with it except the aluminum. i think the cable hole was 9/16... just stepper drilled it till it fit through.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I look at mounted mine there at one time but went thru hull due to the fact I put a rudder on my Caster. I kinda like thru hull where it stays out of the way too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.