NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor Julian bought a new Nikon D5300 DSLR this week and asked if would come over and give some pointers. I am not a camera guru by any means but his camera is very similar to my D3100 so it was somewhat familiar to me. We both live on the water with same great wild life around us. We stepped outside to his backyard and I was fortunate to have some awesome opportunities in the 10 minutes I took pictures. I was using a 55-300 mm lens and Julian now has some great examples of what his camera is capable of. Only problem is now I am left with new camera envy. Ha!

This Egret came in for a landing right as turned on the camera.

I was able to get a couple close ups, here is one.

A few minutes later I here an osprey slam into the water close by, here is a series of pictures I took as a goose observed the whole thing.

This was my favorite, I like the "wake" and reflection of the shad on the water.

A good close up. Not bad for 10 minutes in my neighbors back yard with a camera I had never used.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Brian,

What kind of camera would you recomend to someone who would like to start taking pictures like this?

What kinda of lens?

·
Registered
365 Posts
..."Not a camera guru"...this sounds like a fishtale.

We've seen your pictures. Guru's are jealous of you.

Plus Fishin',
RW

Reactions: pgarick

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I guess what I mean is I am not tech savvy when it comes to cameras but I know how to take a picture. Something like that!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks, I guess what I mean is I am not tech savvy when it comes to cameras but I know how to take a picture. Something like that!
You know how to take a picture, that's for sure. And for the rest of our community, Brian's photos are more about Brian's skill and time than the gear he used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts