NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice when it is not real hot out. Today was cool and breezy but I still managed a couple hundred fiddlers in a short time. When it is hot outside I catch a lot more.

I put on boots, gloves, grab a bucket and then run around the marsh and pick them up one at a time. They are still my favorite Tautog bait inshore.

Here is short video of me catching a couple today. Click on the first image to start the video.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
That's a mess of crabs! How do you put them on the hook? and what hook size? I've tried them a few times surf fishing and they always end up getting stolen or falling off before I hook anything. I found two packs of gulp! crabs for $2 a pack so I may try them next time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
+1 on technique to properly hook them. I've been going into the side and exiting the back with 2/0 circle hook.

I caught a couple of dozen last Monday and fished the pilings at the pier. Bait stealers got them all within 30 minutes. :mad:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I use 2/0 owners, carolina rigged, in the last leg bringing the point of hook out the other side. I prefer the purple backs. Three lbers and under go on the grill whole. Serve with crab stuffed shrooms, fries and hush pups. Crab dip and iced PBRs go down rather nicely while the coals are ashing over. A piece of alder added to the coals isn't bad either.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
I use 2/0 owners, carolina rigged, in the last leg bringing the point of hook out the other side. I prefer the purple backs. Three lbers and under go on the grill whole. Serve with crab stuffed shrooms, fries and hush pups. Crab dip and iced PBRs go down rather nicely while the coals are ashing over. A piece of alder added to the coals isn't bad either.
PBRs? I just got a psychosomatic headache after reading that. Emptied too many of these back when the pop tops came off the can-didn't just fold back circa late 70's.
Such a beautiful gourmet meal and PBR's? Is that even legal?
Nice spread BTW. A meal fit for a king.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.