NC Angler Forums banner

Catfish Advice

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Luni 
#1 ·
I want to take my son out some local lakes to catch some decent size catfish, problem is I really only have a little knowledge on where to find them, what bait to use, etc... I've caught plenty in creeks and rivers, but that's pretty easy, that water is only so big.. As far as a lake goes, I really can only guess. I have a feeling that some of you out there have a great deal of know how on the subject, so throw me some pointers! All help will be put to good use! Thanks in advance NCanglers!

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rob, thats pretty much what I know, never heard of using shrimp though. I've been to Mackintosh a few times here in the last couple of weeks, the water is pretty deep, even up around the creek that comes in the channel is around 30', and deeper still out towards the main part of the lake.. But I dont suppose that matters? I've been bass fishing there, there are a lot of nice large mouth to be caught. I'm going tomorow maybe I'll try my luck with some cats, think I have some shrimp in the freezer that have been there too long to eat. Thnaks for the pointers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.