NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our way back(sending from I phone), Nads dad and myself had an awesome afternoon catching Blues and Flatheads in the daytime. We had to don life jackets and swim a channel(risking limb and life, really) then wade through waist deep really fast water to reach our fishing spot. We had just enough goldfish to last till just after dark. ND had a monster break his line.:eek: Complete report to come tomorrow night as both of us have to work tomorrow.

out. Mack

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Brand new 25 pound Big Game was not near enough to stop that freight train. Next time I'm going loaded for bear. Awesome spot and day. Good thing they didn't go as I suspect we would have had to leave FW and FC safe over in the kiddie pool fishing for bullheads at this flow.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Ya Gonna Learn " Ta Day ". :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Those bigcats will make you look like a fool at times. I mostly use 30-40lb line. I'e had that break plenty of times. If your fishing a rock enviroment they can make short order of it.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing huge caught but it was a fun afternoon catching em up to 20 lbs.....the scenery was spectacular ............

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 6 of 6 Posts