NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member of FAAN and will be at the Jan meeting for some meet and greet.
I would like to know if there are any Fayetteville based catfisherman that would like to participate in some catfish tournaments? I am thinking about organizing some if there would be enough interest. These would be low entry fee, 100% payback, 50# tournaments.
Basically, the team with a 5 fish stringer closest to 50# would win. I fished these type of tournaments in VA. You don't have to catch a HAWG to win...the weekend angler has just as good a chance as anyone else. 5 10# fish would beat 1 45# fish. It was a lot of fun and everyone gets to learn from everyone else. It is nice just to get together with other catfisherman and even turn more people on the growing sport. I just throwing this out there to see what bites.
:confused::D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love to catfish, but I havent done it much in NC except for Kerr and even then not for years. If this might be open to any NCAngler members I would be willing to compete since Fayetteville/Cape Fear River is only about 2.5 hrs away

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me and count me in. I live about 30 minutes away so just let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
CATFISHIN FOOL HERE...............

NOT IN THE FAYETTEVILLE AREA BUT CLOSE IM IN ONSLOW COUNTY HUBERT TO BE ON THE TACK :cool: IM THE GUY ON THE TOP WITH THE BIG HAT ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad to see some interest in this. I will plan on doing one on Sat. 9 Feb on the Cape Fear at the boat launch at Lock 3. I think that is called Tobar Landing. I'm going down there tomorrow to fish that area for the first time. We will say 8am - 3pm. We will register and discuss rules around 730. Boat fisherman and bank fisherman are welcome. This will be a catch and release tournament and all weighed fish must swim away. If any of you are down there tomorrow and want to talk about this I will be in a blue SeaArk River Cat. Good luck fishing and may you catch a "Donky!":D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Hope you had good luck out there today.

Was nice to meet up with you at the FAAN meeting. Look forward to hearing more about these tournaments. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Would be there for sure but the wife has already made plans for Feb. 9th. Hope a lot more turn out in my place and hopefully I can catch the next one. I am planning on launching from the ramp in Tar Heel tomorrow so maybe I'll see you on the river.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I can't find any info/directions on that place? Any help? Never been to the Cape fear river at all.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Thanks TA! The spelling was my problem...:) Tolar not Tobar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went down to Tolar Landing on Sunday to try my luck. I did not have much luck. My partner and I got a few bites but nothing to the boat. I thought that the river would be a little bit deeper down that way. I went 15 miles down and the deepest hole that I found was 28 - 29 ft. Does the river get any deeper farther down river toward the next lock? I still would like to do the tournament on 9 Feb 8am - 3 pm for all that are interrested. It will be a $50 entry with optional $10 big fish pot. We will pay 1 spot for 1-3 boats, 2 spots for 4-7 boats and 3 spots for 8-11 boats. If anyone has any questions just pm me. I am working on a flier for these events also. Catch a "Donky!"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been trying to put a flier into a post here for 3 days and cannot seem to get it right and get it to download into an attachment. Hopefully I can get it to work right at work tomorrow.
Anyway, I still plan on putting on a tournament Sat. for anyone that wants to attend. I'm interested in knowing who plans on attending. I know that this will probably start out small, but will definately grow. Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks and may you catch a donky.

Wisker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I cant make this one. But I am VERY interested in the format and I will make another one! I hope this works out as I would love see this get going!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
For legal and liability reasons I need to point out that this event is not affiliated in any way with NCangler.com and North Carolina Angler Inc. We only provide a free forum for Fayetteville Area Anglers to communicate with. I have added this disclaimer to your flyer.

Be sure to check with NC Wildlife Resources regarding necessary permits or licenses needed to conduct a tournament. I assume from the flyer that all monies collected from entry fees will be distributed to the tournament winners, correct?

Have fun guys!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.