NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
The short answer all the time, every where and fresh bait. No really you can give the Cape Fear a try down at Riverside landing if you are looking public water. A better option would be to go to the stocked ponds on post plenty of them available. In the ponds worms, livers, stink bait and fresh small cut bait should work. There are some other areas but you may need a boat to get to them if you have one.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I would agree with swamp. The post has some nice constantly stocked catfish lakes. I've had fun at them in the past.

Reactions: SwampFox

·
Registered
95 Posts
If your looking to catch some big flat heads, fish the banks anywhere on the Cape Fear with some live eel, you'll find them at Riverside Sports Center....Now if your want to catch some big Blues you'll need to fish the deep holes and use some live Brim or large to jumbo minnows. Be patient you probably wont catch alot but I can almost garantee you they'll be big!.... Oh yea, catfish feed at night.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.