NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am moving from VA to Ft. Bragg and am looking for good places to catfish and a new partner. I have been catfishing all of my life and have been fishing tournaments for about 10 years now from TN to VA. I have been fishing a JRCC tournament series in VA for 2 years and have been fishing the Bass Pro Shops Big Cat Quest for the same. Last year my partner and I took 2nd place at the Big Cat Quest Championship in Clarksville, TN and took Big Fish honors. I will be at Ft. Bragg the first part of September and will be looking to do some fishing shortly thereafter.:D

Wiskersticker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I sent you a PM.. I'm thinking about the tourney thing myself. I need to learn more about i as far as equipment , requirements, etc..

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome Aboard Whiskersticker. There are several ponds on Ft Bragg that are managed for catfish and produce on a regular basis. This link provides some info about license, and where to go; Ft. Bragg Wildlife Home Page

For the big Cats it's just a short drive down Hwy 87 to Lock 3 on the Cape Fear River and Lock 2 is just a bit further.

Like TA said check out the F.A.A.N. forum. We're having our next meeting on Aug. 23rd then there is our September fishing we could always use more company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.