NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems you hear that fishing high muddy water is good for catfishing. It seems I have more luck when the water is lower and slower. Like right now with all the recent rains would you catfish the rivers and creeks?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
you can catch them at any time, i find it easier when the water is lower because they are more concentrated in one area, but have caught them in conditions like you mention as well.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
you have to find areas where they can get out of the fast flow, and use baits with more scent as they use scent to find there meal especially in muddy waters. When I have to fish fast/high water I look for cuts in the shoreline or drops on the depth finder where they can get out of the fast current and feed. The negative is high water also means more food in the water. Hit feeder creeks and look for fish searching out the new buffet. It is definitely harder fishing.

Reactions: roostertail24

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Fish at your feet, not the other side of the river. Walk the bank and drop straight down.
Best fishing for me has always been on a rising river. You want to be there when it starts to rise not when it's rising 2 days later.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Around here thats usally when the biggest cats are caught, during high water. The bluecats are made for heavy current and love it. I was out yesterday and it took 6oz to stay on the bottom. When fishing that heavy current, you have to use heavier outfits, not bass rods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts