NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here. I dont live in NC I live in VA but I'm preparing to take my annual trip to my folks place on Lake Rhodhiss. They live a few coves down from the dam. I was wondering what the catfish situation is in this lake? I have caught a few small ones there but never anything good. I'm pretty amateur so I'm wondering if there are even big Cats to be had in that lake. Anyone got any tips for fishing there? I will mainly be fishing from there dock but I have access to a kayak as well. Any help or tips would be appreciated thanks!

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Welcome to the site.

catch some small bream and put in a fish basket or floating bait bucket to keep them alive in the late evening thru the night or early morning try them out around the points in 10 -20 ft of water drifting them slowly on a circle hook with only a split shot or maybe nothing. Put out one line with cut bait and one line with a live one on it. You might get a nice striped surprise as well.

Darrell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Darrell I will definetly try that. Does anybody know if there are big Cats in this lake? Ive only seen smaller ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts