NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few friends and myself will be fishing the lochmere lakes tonight for catfish. In order to fish the lochmere lakes, you must be a member of lochmere or with someone that is part of lochmere. I am a resident, so anyone that comes will be my guest. Just contact me at this forum or via PM and I'll let you know of how to get there, if you guys want to come tonight.

We've got large catfish ranging from 10-15 pounds, and have seen larger pulled out.

If you can't contact me in time through the forum, I guess you can contact me via cell at 919.656.1605. The lake is in Cary, off lochmere drive, between Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm's intersections with that street. The road runs parallel to Tryon Road and Holly Springs road.

Yeah, just call me if you're trying to join our little group!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Can't make it but thanks in advance for asking others to join in for some catfishing fun and adventure..:)

This is the type of attitude that a successful forum is built upon.

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we just got back for a short break. Gotta take advantage of summer before we all go our separate ways for college. We caught 2x 3lb mudcats and 1x 10 lb channel cat and several not-worth-mentioning-small-illegal-to-keep cats. We're staying at my place for a few hours before round #2 at 4 AM.

We're going to be cooking up something great tonight, that's for sure! Oh, and for those looking for some great baitfish, we netted several (and I mean SEVERAL) large sized shad right off the dock. We hooked about 20 large (4-6 inch long) bream as well.

The fishing conditions over there are pretty prime. I suggest rollin' out there sometime in the near future if you all can.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're going again tonight. I'm trying to convince my dad to join me because he's always promised to take me fishing but never has. I think it'd be a good Father's Day experience. Feel free to join us at the Lochmere Docks area.

Seeyah out there!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eh, unfortunately he didn't come with me. So yeah...

But we're going tonight with a large group with eyes set on catching a great amount of fish to have a good midnight snack!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only one fish was caught, a four pound muddie. We only fished for about an hour with five lines out on cut shad/bream and one on stink with a treble. Ironically, the treble caught the muddie.

·
Registered
185 Posts
you ever try chicken livers in there?

we actually arent too far from you. we've been getting spoiled over at bond lake lately, caught prolly 20 altogether last sunday (biggest was maybe a 8 lber)

i thought you only had to be a member to fish from the dock at lochmere, good to know you need to be a resident or guest. altho itll make me likely avoid it.

thanks for the post.

·
Registered
526 Posts
[email protected], You might want to give Bass lake in Holly Springs a try.If you are not far from lochmere lake you are not far from Holly Springs. It is a city park with bank fishing rental boats docks and catfish feeders Do not know about sizes but have seen lots puled out of there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive been catfishing on the pee dee in sc my bro caught a flat head whene he was 8:)

once my grandma caught a eel whene we were catfishing

(laugh)

are there catfish in jorden ? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 plenty of cats in Jordan lake and the surrounding rivers and creeks that feed it and run out of the other side..

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you ever try chicken livers in there?

we actually arent too far from you. we've been getting spoiled over at bond lake lately, caught prolly 20 altogether last sunday (biggest was maybe a 8 lber)

i thought you only had to be a member to fish from the dock at lochmere, good to know you need to be a resident or guest. altho itll make me likely avoid it.

thanks for the post.
I've never had the opportunity to fish Bond Lake. I've known that it's been back there, back in the days when I played baseball over there. How're the cats back there?

Also, in regards to the Lochmere dock lake, I am 100% sure that you can fish there as long as a resident is with you and knows you. I almost got caught by saying someone was my guest when he wasn't, but that's only because they just started enforcing the rule without any posted signs... and the one enforcing it was kinda a jerk. But anywhoo, I've seldom seen it really reserved, but I can't attest to what's been up recently because I've been over at East Carolina for some time now.

The only time I've seen police act up with people at the lake was when someone there was doing something stupid and foolish that got the attention of the cops, or if we were over there fishing after dark for cats... and they would just make sure that the address on your ID or driver's license is within Lochmere or not. And even then they would just ask us to leave because it's passed dark.

It's really lenient, for the most part... or so I remember, and I hope it hasn't worsened since I left for Greenville.

[email protected], You might want to give Bass lake in Holly Springs a try.If you are not far from lochmere lake you are not far from Holly Springs. It is a city park with bank fishing rental boats docks and catfish feeders Do not know about sizes but have seen lots puled out of there.
I'll see if I can't attach a few pictures, but I think I have one or two lying around on my computer or Facebook albums that have a few of the fish caught out of Bass Lake in Holly Springs. The largest, single fish that I had caught from Bass Lake had to be an 8 lb'r (I think) or a 7 lb'r. However, I did witness the fight, struggle, and landing of the record catfish at the time, which was 14 lbs. It could've been beaten since I last checked or last been to the lake, but I'm not so sure... that's pretty big for farm-raised fish in a body of water with feeders.

ive been catfishing on the pee dee in sc my bro caught a flat head whene he was 8:)

once my grandma caught a eel whene we were catfishing

(laugh)

are there catfish in jorden ? :confused::confused::confused:
Haha, yeah, while catfishing at the Lochmere docks at night, my buddy had bottom fished with cut bream and hooked what we thought was a bass originally... but it turned out to be a freshwater eel. After many times stomping on his head and cutting him up, we finally killed and obtained bait that we had heard was doing good for catfish bait at the time. One cast out, and a little later I had caught a small mouth... go figure.

It was a weird evening, to say the least, but my buddy reeled in a nice 12 lb'r.

10-4 plenty of cats in Jordan lake and the surrounding rivers and creeks that feed it and run out of the other side..

<*)))))>{
Indeed, they do have a lot of catfish, although I seldom see them caught compared to bass and crappie. I have caught a few here and there, myself, but nothing worth writin' home to Mom about, ya know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well a few friends and myself will be fishing the lochmere lakes tonight for catfish. In order to fish the lochmere lakes, you must be a member of lochmere or with someone that is part of lochmere. I am a resident, so anyone that comes will be my guest. Just contact me at this forum or via PM and I'll let you know of how to get there, if you guys want to come tonight.

We've got large catfish ranging from 10-15 pounds, and have seen larger pulled out.

If you can't contact me in time through the forum, I guess you can contact me via cell at 919.656.1605. The lake is in Cary, off lochmere drive, between Cary Parkway and Kildaire Farm's intersections with that street. The road runs parallel to Tryon Road and Holly Springs road.

Yeah, just call me if you're trying to join our little group!
The HOA has decided to crack down on this. Working with Cary Police, non-residents are def going to be cited for trespassing - do you want a criminal record?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts