NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may have noticed I have joined the kayak angler group. In the near future I'll either buying myself a kayak or buying one for my step father to use and taking over his. I never knew this thing could be this enjoyable. I've enjoyed my two outings and look forward to more. I'm not getting rid of the jon boat but it will get used only when I have others going to a small body of water with me. Time for me to start lifting and getting into shape if I'm gonna be paddling a bunch.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It is a good way to fish. Outside of some obvious 'health' benefits, catching fish from a kayak is just plain old fun. I dont even enjoy paddling and if not for fishing, I dont know that I would even own a kayak. But I wouldnt trade mine for a boat (well, that would depend on the kind of boat).

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm envious! maybe when I get down to "fightin' weight" LOL! I'll take a splash myself. I love the "stealth" idea and the exercise is just a bonus!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
sundrop, I Agree With You Sound Like A Healthy Thing To Do, But It Sure Is Nice To Turn That Key And Off We Go Fishing, We More Tackle Than The Tackle Monkey Should Alow...ha Ha ...............chris

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has me WANTING to start working out again. When the season ends I'm going to start a new routine that I don't have time for now. (Just ordered an elliptical and a stationary bike for the house that the wife's been wanting) If I can fit it into leaving the house at 7:30 in the morn and getting home at 10 I may start before that.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Coach
Build yourself a mock paddle with rubber feet on the ends (old sneakers maybe). Lay a 2x12 on top of a skateboard and have a seat, then you can spend your planning period "paddling" laps around the school track. :D

Probably better trade your PFD for elbow pads...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the rainy days with the dirt tracks that will not work. Other days I'm all for it.:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
"rainy day"?? what's that??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys
Yak fishing is the way to go. The wife and I have been fishing out of yaks for the past couple of years. It's something we can do together and we have a good time doing it. We have caught some really nice bass while yaking. We now own three yaks. Two singles and one tandom(to take grands, nieces and nephews). We fish small rivers, ponds and some smaller lakes. The new river is my favorite. Good fishing!

Jon M

Fish4Him

·
Registered
341 Posts
Coach D,

Don't tell me y'all have a dirt track. I can see me on a skateboard on our new rubberized surface. My AD would probably shoot me! Still, yakboarding may be an interesting exercise.

Coach Kinsey

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah coach we do. Not many in the county have a non dirt track. One is a classical high school where all the track meets are held (Reid Ross). The other two have asphalt, South View and Pine Forest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.